About Gather The Remnants
- The organization was established on April 2nd, 2004 (since 16 years).
- All members of the organization including the leader in USA and in Egypt are all volunteers. None of them get paid any type of payments including travel expenses to Egypt and following up on the service.
- The only expenses for the organization are the costs of letters and postage to donors; otherwise all the money collected goes directly to those in need.
- The organization does not pay any expenses for rent or utilities.
- The organization’s accountant does not get paid for his financial analysis and tax filing for the organization. He is also a volunteer. (See the website and the letter that he sent to the organization’s leader and members attesting to the use of the money).
- In August and September 2019, I visited Egypt and took the blessing of outreaching almost all the families that the organization serves in their homes.
- We established two centers for the organization in Sohag and Akhmim. We distributed mattresses, blankets, and duvets for every family since their children sleep on floors of dirt and mud.
- The organization serves almost 1,400 families in Egypt and Upper Egypt consisting of widows and orphans. Some of them are served in Egyptian pounds which is equivalent to $50 per month. Some others are served seasonally based on their needs.
- Up to now, the organization has helped in the marriages of about 135 girls from the daughters of widows. (They were engaged but couldn’t afford to pay their portion of the wedding items). The organization has granted them their share of wedding needs. No one knows of this help except the widowed mother and the bridge to keep their dignity in front of the groom and his family.